November 6, 2009

Ukiyo-e Éclair (浮世絵エクレア)



{images via Walker Plus}

Look what I found! Éclairs from Fauchon! My friend Naoko mentioned this to me couple months ago but I didn't have chance to google it until now, and here they are! Éclair, the longish cream puff with chocolate coating is quite common in Japan, could even be bought in most convenience stores. What made these Éclairs-Éclair La Vague- special is that this time, instead of chocolate, these puffs are adorned with Hokusai's Ukiyo-e "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" (葛飾北斎の「富嶽三十六景 神奈川沖浪裏」).

Unfortunately, this "Éclair la Vague" was this summer's specialty of Fauchon, available at Takashimayas in Nihonbashi, Shinjuku, Yokohama, and JR Nagoya Takashimaya at the price of 525 yen, for the limited time until September 1st. I am 2 months late.... According to Naoko, these were not only beautiful to the eyes, but also amazingly delicious.



I also found these images from Fauchon's (Paris) last year's event. For two days, Fauchon's windows were filled with total of 45 flavors of their creations from the past five years. It must be really fun to even just look at their windows!

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! That's so amazing. They look so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! these look yummy and they are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour! What a delicious post. Eclairs are my favorite pastry. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and following along. I'll be adding my name to your follow list and will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they look stunning - great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmm!!! que riquisimossss yo si me los como todos!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow!!! It's PERFECT collaboration between French and Japanese cultures!!! XD
    I wonder how they got this AMAZING idea to adorn éclairs. Never seen them before.
    I just read a novel about friendship that related to éclair. When I Google what kind of look éclair is,I found this!
    Really AMAZING! Tottemo sugoi!!! :D

    ReplyDelete