April 7, 2010

Letterpress Dice Prints (サイコロポスター)





{images via Stukenborg}

These letterpress dice prints by Stukenborg are stunning! These are printed by hand in his studio. The compositions were built by arranging 720 dice on the bed of the press, and ink was rolled directly onto the face of the die for each impression. It is printed on a very light green Japanese handmade paper called Kitakata (喜多方紙), which has a deckle on all four edges.

This is absolutely lovely, such a simple idea with a beautiful outcome. I would like to have one in my living room! Isn’t letterpress great?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I agree - these are stunning! Makes me think of folk art for some reason - like intricate lace patterns. :) Hope you're well. xo K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like this too!! Stunning! Have a lovely weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't been by in way too long..this was wonderful

    happy to see you today

    kary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea to make a print from dice. It is inspires me to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete